Position: Area Manager
Experience: 2 years of marketing
Education: MBA, BBA, or equivalent degree
Salary range: Market Competitive plus 1% incentive, car after probation, Medical
- Maintaining and increasing sales
- Reaching the targets and goals set for your area
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer base
- Servicing the needs of your existing customers
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
- Setting sales targets for individual reps and your team as a whole
- Allocating areas to sales representatives
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets
- Monitoring your team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets
- Compiling and analyzing sales figures
- Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Reporting to senior managers
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Obtain market share by developing market plans and programs within your territory.
- Directing the Field Sales Manager/Supervisors by defining and communicating sales targets and KPI for each of them.
- Rendition of sales report and market information to the immediate Regional Sales Manager daily, weekly, monthly and timely.
- Reviewing, giving feedback and gaining commitment in improving area performance by conducting improving-focused coaching sessions and attending sales session and endorsement.
- Ensuring that sales area operate cost effectively and yield maximum results by regularly reviewing route and area performance and the factors that drive cost effectiveness and sales performance
- Maintaining good customer relations by solving and/or helping sales supervisors to solve customer complaints promptly as well as regular field visits and close customer follow up.
- Achieving overhead budget by controlling operational costs and overheads in the area.
- Contributing to the annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting process by providing Regional Financial Controller with timely and accurate budget proposals and forecasts.
- Keeping the right number of Sales Supervisors and salesmen to serve the routes in his area by systematically planning and implementing employees’ vacation schedules and accurately forecasting recruitment needs.
- Ensuring Sales Supervisors and salesmen are equipped with skills and knowledge for the job by providing training that address clearly defined training needs.
- Helping Sales Supervisors and Sales men meet or exceed job expectations by monitoring, coaching and motivating them and accompanying or visiting them in the market regularly.
- Sustaining positive team spirit by treating team members fairly and dealing with problem situation firmly and decisively.
- Ensuring that the company responds quickly to changes in the market by initiating tactical sales activities in the area to counter local competitor activity, with the prior approval of the Regional Sales Manager.
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of the area by visiting markets and shops in the area regularly.
- Coordinating with Training Manager in formulating “system/process changes” training packages to be delivered to the end users.